A dynamic Think Tank of international repute influencing public policy.
In order to achieve its Vision, ZIPAR has committed itself to pursuing the following Mission as its fundamental purpose for its continued existence. ZIPAR will strive to respond to the changing environment and needs of stakeholders in the provision of analysis and research services that influence public policy. In doing so, the Institute will set itself to become an internationally recognized Think Tank.
To champion quality public policy by conducting credible analysis and research for sustainable development.
Specific functions of ZIPAR:
- Policy analysis and research;
- Policy dialogue and advocacy; and
- Policy capacity building and training
- Promote evidence-based policies;
- Improve service delivery;
- Enhance internal business processes;
- Enhance Human Capital;
- Improve institutional capacity;
- Improve financial sustainability
ZIPAR commits to seven Core Values:
- Honesty and Integrity: ZIPAR upholds the highest standards of ethical conduct
- Excellency in Research and Advocacy: ZIPAR commits to being a premier think-tank that conducts professional research and presents timely findings to target stakeholders
- Equality and Diversity: ZIPAR promotes the inclusiveness of all people, regardless of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age
- Team Work: ZIPAR fosters collaboration and interaction, leveraging on a diversity of skills
- Accountability, Transparency and Independence: ZIPAR maintains accountability, transparency and independence in relations with stakeholders
- Partnerships and Service: ZIPAR seeks strong and reciprocal relationships with local and international partners
- Freedom of Expression: ZIPAR upholds freedom of expression, civil liberties, dialogue and respectful interaction among its extended community