The Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research (ZIPAR) is a semi-autonomous Think-Tank under the Ministry of National Development Planning (MNDP) whose mandate is conduct socio-economic research and policy analysis in order to provide evidence-based policy advice to the Government, the private sector, civil society and other stakeholders in Zambia. ZIPAR is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Finance and Administration Manager
Job purpose: To manage financial and administrative activities of the Institute in order to achieve financial goals and therefore the Institute’s overall mandate.
Reporting: The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Executive Director
Responsibilities and Duties
• Establish and maintain an appropriate financial Management System for monitoring the Institute’s financial activities;
• Undertake treasury management functions of the Institute;
• Supervise and manage the preparation of internal and external financial reports in a timely manner; This include management accounts, budget performance analysis and preparation for internal and external audits;
• Supervise Human Resource functions and manage payroll processing and tax filling activities. This include staff development and staff performance management;
• Supervise and manage all procurement and attendant activities. This include establishing and maintaining ZIPAR assets inventory, stores management and records management system;
• Develop and maintain standard administrative procedures;
• Provide training and guidance to finance and administration teams as needed;
• Perform duties incidental to above as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
• ZICA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with at least 10 years’ experience;
• A Degree, in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Law or other related disciplines an added advantage;
• Member of ZICA;
• Experience in computerized accounting environment;
• Experience in working with government and donor funded projects;
• Knowledge in international accounting and administration procedures;
• Sound knowledge of risk management frameworks an added advantage;
• Proven project management and team leadership skills including the ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Sound knowledge of principles of good corporate governance and strong work ethics;
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
OR you can send your application through our form below.