EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – IT AND SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
The Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research (ZIPAR) is a semi-autonomous Think-Tank whose mandate is to conduct socio-economic research and policy analysis in order to provide evidence-based policy advice to the Government, the private sector, civil society and other stakeholders in Zambia. ZIPAR also promotes economic literacy thereby encouraging increased stakeholder participation in national policy dialogue and debate on economic topics of wide public interest. ZIPAR is an equal opportunity employer.
We therefore, invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position in our Knowledge Management Unit;
Report to: Knowledge Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, program and manage the ZIPAR website and database
- Maintain the server and other computing and office automation systems for ZIPAR
- Updating website content and reviewing Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Oversee repairs and upgrades for the full range of ZIPAR’s computing and office automation needs
- Provide technical analysis and user support
- Ensure a complete up-to-date smooth functioning IT structure and provide user support
- Provide information technology (IT) support for events and other special requirements
- Formulate and review Information Technology Policies for ZIPAR
Educational and Work Experience Required
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with credit or better
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized University, with a major in Computer Science or a related field with strength in statistical analysis
- At least Five (5) years relevant working experience as Information Technology and Systems Administrator.
- Relevant working experience in research field will be an added advantage
Key Competencies and Skills
- Principles of database management and systems development.
- Applications and functions of personal computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Windows and Novell operating systems, local and wide area communications networks
- Computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, database and graphics application.
- Econometric and analytical software packages
- Computer and peripheral equipment maintenance methods and procedures, including phone and fibre optic connections as related to computer systems
- Principles and procedures of budget preparation and control, supervision, training, performance evaluation and records keeping and reporting
- Pertinent laws related to the electronic storage and use of data
- Modern office practices, methods and equipment
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices necessary in the area of computer operations.
- Organization and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of information technology programs, policies and operational needs
- General principles of risk management related to the functions of the assigned area.
- Safe work practices
- Able to teach staff basic computer packages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 31st December, 2019